Hi there,

I've got a Mandrake 8.0 box on which I'm trying to install mailman 2.1b1.
I've tried a variety of different options with ./configure, but I simply
get pastthis error I get when doing a 'make install':
compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/update", line 44, in ?
import paths
ImportError: No module named paths
make: *** [update] Error 1

I don't get this error when installing 2.0.8, so I was wondering if anyone on
the list might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Bill
--
Did you hear that, Marge? She called me a baboon! The stupidest, ugliest,
smelliest ape of them all!

-- Homer Simpson
Lisa's Substitute

Search Discussions

  • Jonas Meurer at Apr 4, 2002 at 11:15 am

    I've tried a variety of different options with ./configure, but I simply
    get pastthis error I get when doing a 'make install':
    compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "bin/update", line 44, in ?
    import paths
    ImportError: No module named paths
    make: *** [update] Error 1
    Yes, I had the same problem. It's because of python. You need version 2.2 and
    python2.2-dev (for debian) too. I don't know how the package is called for
    mandrake. Search the db for python and dev.

    Bye
    Jonas

    --
    Linux is user-friendly. But it is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
  • Bill Wagner at Apr 4, 2002 at 2:41 pm

    Jonas Meurer said:
    Yes, I had the same problem. It's because of python. You need version
    2.2 and python2.2-dev (for debian) too. I don't know how the package is
    called for mandrake. Search the db for python and dev.
    Hi Jonas,

    Yep, you're right -- I installed the python-2.2 dev package and boom, it's
    allgood. Thanks so much.

    Cheers,

    Bill
    --
    Did you hear that, Marge? She called me a baboon! The stupidest, ugliest,
    smelliest ape of them all!

    -- Homer Simpson
    Lisa's Substitute
  • Julio Calvo at Apr 4, 2002 at 2:56 pm
    Please can anyone tell me how to change the password of the administrator of
    one list ??

    Not mmsitepass.

    Thanks

    Julio
  • Baba at Apr 4, 2002 at 4:21 pm
    Use the site password to log into the list and change the password (you don't
    need to know the old list password to do this).

    --
    Baba the Cat
    www.catbaba.com