Has anyone done this sort of thing with a Mailman list?

Thanks,
Jim.

James R. Hay jrhay at haya.qc.ca
Hay-Net Networks
P.O. Box 46051
Pointe Claire, QC
H9R 5R4

Search Discussions

  • Dan Mick at Mar 26, 2002 at 5:17 am
    Sounds like a job for a custom pipeline module.
    I don't know of any existing module that would do it.

    Modifying, say, Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py by some judicious
    boilerplating, and then adding it to your list's pipeline variable,
    is a relatively-correct-and-robust, if a bit tricky, way to
    get what you want.
    I asked previously but no one bit so I'll try again. I am using Mailman
    2.1b1 and Sendmail. When I used majordomo I could have it serach the body
    of a message for "taboo" words and bounce the message for administrative
    approval. Is there a way to do this with Mailman or is this something one
    has to use procmail or some other external program for?

    Has anyone done this sort of thing with a Mailman list?
  • Jon Carnes at Mar 26, 2002 at 12:52 pm
    That is not one of the feature adds listed in the 2.1 beta release. It is a
    feature under consideration. For now, your best bet is to use Procmail.

    --- Original Message: Tuesday 26 March 2002 12:07 am ---
    Hi folks,

    James R. Hay jrhay at haya.qc.ca
    Hay-Net Networks
    P.O. Box 46051