I have upgraded Mailman to v. 2.06. I created a list and then tried to
subscribe. I get the request for confirmation back. When I send the
confirmation, I get no reply back. I have looked in my mail log and it
appears that it has been sent, yet I never receive anything. I also tried
sending a message to the list to see if that would go through,even though my
subscription did not go through, and I don't receive anything back to let me
know there is a problem.

I am using Postfix with Procmail and Solaris 7

Christopher Adams

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Hagan at Mar 22, 2002 at 8:26 pm
    Hey,

    I just had a similar problem with 2.0.8 and postfix running on
    debian. First, check your $prefix/logs/error file and look for something
    that looks like an access violation on your *.db files. If you see that,
    or even if you don't, try checking the owner and groups of that file. It
    should be accessible by user "mailman". Just try reading that file as the
    mailman user. If you can't, there's a permission problem. The problem I
    had was that the user mailman was not a member of the group
    "mailman". Oops. Good luck, hope that helps.

    I have upgraded Mailman to v. 2.06. I created a list and then tried to
    subscribe. I get the request for confirmation back. When I send the
    confirmation, I get no reply back. I have looked in my mail log and it
    appears that it has been sent, yet I never receive anything. I also tried
    sending a message to the list to see if that would go through,even though my
    subscription did not go through, and I don't receive anything back to let me
    know there is a problem.

    I am using Postfix with Procmail and Solaris 7

    Christopher Adams

    Ryan Hagan
    Pacificom Multimedia
    ryan at pacificommultimedia.com
  • Christopher Adams at Mar 22, 2002 at 10:57 pm
    Thanks for your reply. The error file is accessible by user "mailman" and
    nothing was written to it.

    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 0 May 8 1999 error
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody mailman 71 Oct 18 22:32 post
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 1186 Mar 22 12:40 smtp
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody mailman 3725 Mar 22 12:40 subscribe

    The user Mailman is part of the group mailman.

    My subscribe log shows the following:

    Mar 22 12:40:15 2002 (8459) test1: pending chris.a.adams at state.or.us
    poe.osl.state.or.us

    Christopher Adams
    Automated Systems
    Oregon State Library
    503-378-4243 x258

    ryan at pacificommultimedia.com
  • Christopher Adams at Mar 25, 2002 at 6:04 pm
    I checked the /usr/var/logs and this is the entry for the message that I
    sent to confirm the subscription. There are no error messages about wrong
    GID. In the Postfix configuration file, the default_privs = nobody which is
    GID 60001. The configure for Mailman shows that it is using 6001 as the GID.

    <test1-request at sparkie.osl.state.or.us>, relay=local, delay=4, status=sent
    ("|/usr/local/mailman/mail/
    wrapper mailcmd test1")

    Christopher Adams