I have searched through the Mailman documentation and the source
code for a way of invoking an external mail filter. My main interest is
to integrate SpamAssassin (http://spamassassin.org/) into Mailman so
that some/most spam mail will get held for approval.

Has anybody done any work to add this functionality? I'm Python illiterate
unfortunately, but I'm assuming that adding some extra configuration
directives and an os.pipe() call in one of the Handlers would do the trick.

Many thanks in advance,
Warren

Search Discussions

  • Ashley M. Kirchner at Feb 19, 2002 at 10:35 pm

    Warren Toomey wrote:

    Has anybody done any work to add this functionality? I'm Python illiterate
    unfortunately, but I'm assuming that adding some extra configuration
    directives and an os.pipe() call in one of the Handlers would do the trick.
    Make life easier on yourself: don't tackle mailman, but tackle your MTA
    instead. I use MIMEDefang combined with SpamAssassin, hooked into my MTA.
    This gives me the advantage of being able to scan _everything_ that comes in to
    the machine, not only those destined for mailman.

    --
    W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
    Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com> . 303.442.6410 x130

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 17, '02 at 12:43p