While first setting up Mailman to work with my system (Apache, Postfix and
FreeBSD), I ran into a mismatch of GID's. I worked around it by changing
Apache to run as user and group to nobody. As far as I can tell, this works
fine.

Now I am running into more GID errors. This time it is while trying to
confirm a registration. Below is part of the error message I received. You
will notice that it says, "WANTED gid 1, GOT gid 65534". The mail logs
shows basically the same error. The suggestion is to reconfigure. I assume
that means running ./configure again. Of course, with the ports system, I
never ran it the first time. So, I'm wondering, I can edit the gid's
somewhere else? I did see some references to the GID in the Makefile. But,
hopefully, there will be an easier way. Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks,
Darren

<snip>
The Postfix program

<test-request at kneedeep.org>: Command died with status 2:
"/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test". Command output: Failure
exec script. WANTED gid 1, GOT gid 65534. (Reconfigure to take 65534?)

</snip>

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 6, '02 at 6:51a