I participate on the fringes of Open Source, so perhaps
someone here can clue me in. Please respond privately
so as not to pollute Mailman-Users overmuch:

Why do all the '-config' tools (gtk-config et. al.) seem to
refuse to include -R options in their "libraries" output to
set the dynamic runtime dependency path?

You'll see "-L /usr/local/lib" and not "-R /usr/local/lib", and
I can't figure out why, but it seems endemic to many
of those tools that use an xxx-config program to pass on
link options. Any reason?

(Yes, I know you can use ld.config, but why should you have to?)

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 19, '01 at 11:41p
activeNov 19, '01 at 11:41p