Is there a real FAQ somewhere (not the one on the official site), it's almost useless?

Also, how one would get rid of the long list of url (List-Help etc.) ans addresses sent with all posts (you know :

Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Gzipping archives
To: dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM, sdinn at spine.cx
Cc: mailman-users at python.org
Sender: mailman-users-admin at python.org
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:37:56 -0800 (PST)

?

  • Mailman at Nov 9, 2001 at 8:52 pm
    Hi,

    Is there a real FAQ somewhere (not the one on the official site), it's almost useless?

    Also, how one would get rid of the long list of url (List-Help etc.) ans addresses sent with all posts (you know :

    Is there a real FAQ somewhere (not the one on the official site), it's
    almost useless?
    Just last week, Barry announced the start of a new FAQ wizard for
    Mailman. It already looks better than the FAQ on list.org. I can't
    remember the URL; check the archive for this list.
    Also, how one would get rid of the long list of url (List-Help etc.)
    ans addresses sent with all posts (you know :
    Definitely an FAQ, but not in the new FAQ wizard AFAIK.

    The usual answers are:
    1) these are useful headers, trust us, you really don't want
    to remove them
    2) hack the code
    3) tweak your MTA config to remove these headers on the way
    out (if possible)

    Someone who understands #1 and the RFC behind should probably write an
    FAQ entry for this... ;-)

    Greg
    Greg Ward - software developer gward at mems-exchange.org
    MEMS Exchange http://www.mems-exchange.org
  • Satya at Nov 12, 2001 at 4:51 pm

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
    Also, how one would get rid of the long list of url (List-Help etc.)
    Definitely an FAQ, but not in the new FAQ wizard AFAIK.
    It is now.

    --
    Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my drive ?