Hello all,

I transfered a lits of subscribers I had from my old list to a new list I
created with Mailman. I had abut 300 subscribers. I used the Membership
management page to mas subscribe them to the new list. However, some
members are saying they never received the Welcome message, and are not
receiving any posts from the new list, even though they show as being
subscribed and set to receive normal mail in Mailman's subscriber list. Did
I just subscribe too many people at once, or is it just lagged a little?

Thanks,

Frank Pagano (The Berean)
Owner of C-SQUAD (http://www.c-squad.org)
E-mail: Berean at C-Squad.org
Personal Fax Number: (630) 214-9076
ICQ#: 98723297
AOL Screen Name: Berean333
Yahoo! Messenger ID: tseh_dek
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Oct 9, 2001 at 1:27 pm
    If you scan the archives of this list, you will see that you have to be
    *very* careful when pasting in email addresses. One thing to avoid is using
    the format: Jon Carnes < nospam at nospam.com >
    for the email address. I would wager that there are some extra characters
    (perhaps even some spaces in the wrong places...) in the names of some of
    the folks you pasted in.

    Feel free to re-paste the list of folks into the Admin's "user management"
    page, but be careful to use only the email address and leave behind any
    other extraneous data. I.E. just paste nospam at nospam.com as the above
    address.

    Mailman won't subscribe the same email address twice, so if you see what
    looks like a duplicate to your eye, then you will know there were some extra
    characters pulled over the first time around.

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org
  • The Berean at Oct 9, 2001 at 1:44 pm
    That's an idea, but I used strictly the email address, not any additional
    characters. In addition I got a subscription confirmation for all 282
    subscribers. Most of them got their welcome messages as far as I know, but
    a few here or there, never received anything, even though their emails are
    working fine. I wonder if Mailman hiccuped :)

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org

    ---
    Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.