Hello!

I?m trying to install Mailman, but I got this error message

Mailman CGI error!!!
The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as set by
the Web server.
The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and installed
incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying close
attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being stored
in your syslog:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 48. (Reconfigure to take
48?)

I really don?t understand what I should do!
I?m running RedHat 7.1 whit Postfix and Apache.

Please help

/M

Search Discussions

  • Mikael Karmalm at Sep 14, 2001 at 7:59 am
    Hello!

    I?m trying to install Mailman, but I got this error message

    Mailman CGI error!!!
    The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as set by
    the Web server.
    The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and installed
    incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying close
    attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being stored
    in your syslog:

    Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 48. (Reconfigure to take
    48?)

    I really don?t understand what I should do!
    I?m running RedHat 7.1 whit Postfix and Apache.

    Please help

    /M

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 14, '01 at 7:49a
activeSep 14, '01 at 7:59a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mikael Karmalm: 1 post Mikael Karmalm: 1 post