Hi everybody

I have several lists running as notification only list, so it's very important for our organization that non member can unsubscribe... my question here is:
how can I avoid any member to be able to unsubscribe for him/herfself??

is it possible?.. I'm using Mailman-2.1a2

Hope somebody can help me.. thanks

-Tania R.

Obt?n gratis tu cuenta de correo en StarMedia Email.
?Reg?strate hoy mismo!. http://www.starmedia.com/email

  • Jo Brooks at Sep 13, 2001 at 7:20 pm

    Tania Rodriguez wrote:
    Hi everybody

    I have several lists running as notification only list, so it's very
    important for our organization that non member can unsubscribe... my
    question here is:
    how can I avoid any member to be able to unsubscribe for him/herself??

    is it possible?.. I'm using Mailman-2.1a2

    Hope somebody can help me.. thanks

    -Tania R.
    I don't know if this fully solves the problem or not, but on all
    our internal lists, we don't want people randomly subscribing to
    lists they shouldn't be on, nor unsubbing from lists they are
    already on (we leave that fun to the list admins).

    I modified the listinfo.html page in $MAILMAN/lists/<listname>
    so that users could only choose to see the list rosters. No
    archives, no subscribing/unsubscribing. It's also set this way
    in the templates directory for future lists that come along.

    This prevents people from using the web interface for that, but
    I don't believe that would prevent anyone from using the -request
    process from doing the same thing (if/when they care to figure that
    out, and most won't).

    Using 2.0.6 and Python 2.1, and so far, so good.

    I did find a quirk in the HTML, some odd nesting of the Form-Start
    and Form-End statements, but once I figured out where the stray was,
    the resulting form was exactly as I'd wanted it.

    JoJo Brooks
    DHL Worldwide Express

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 13, '01 at 6:52p
activeSep 13, '01 at 7:20p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Jo Brooks: 1 post Tania Rodriguez: 1 post