Hi,

I guess this question has been asked a lot, but I've tried all the
possible solutions I could find in the archive and none of them fixed my
problem. Every time the wrapper gets invoked from sendmail, it returns
this to the maillog:

---
Sep 13 01:31:36 dell sendmail[24530]: f8CNVaJ24530: from=<***@***>,
size36, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<005d01c13be3$31a49850$0500000a at voyager>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA,
relay=pop3.***.be [195.130.132.40]
Sep 13 01:31:37 dell sendmail[24531]: f8CNVaJ24530:
to="|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner nip-system",
ctladdr=(8/0), delay�:00:01,
xdelay�:00:01, mailer=prog, pri0977, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
---

So far, everything is okay. But, the mail never arrived. So I thought,
let's run "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner nip-system" manually:

$ /home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner nip-system
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 1012. (Reconfigure to
take 1012?)

Now I'm in doubt... I do a "make clean" and then I configure with:
- --with-mail-gid
- --with-cgi-gid

?

I've reconfigured about 20 times now and I already got it to see "gid
1012" (which is the group of the actual wrapper), but now I'm a bit
affraid to have to start all over again (and I really mean: 'again').

So, what do I do next?

I'm logged in as the mailman user on a Red Hat Linux system with
Sendmail as MTA (shame on me).

Thanks!

Bram
http://brammeke.net .. ICQ 5960864

Search Discussions

  • Will Nordmeyer at Sep 13, 2001 at 4:17 pm
    Bram,

    Here's somethings I did...
    1) Do the install --with-mail-gid.
    2) make a link to /home/mailman/mail/wrapper in the /usr/adm/sm.bin directory. (at least that's where it was on mine). If a wrapper link exists, change the name of this one to something else.
    3) Take the /home/mailman/mail info directory specifier out of the aliases file. Make the wrapper call match whatever the link in 2 is. No directory qualifier.
    4) Run New Aliases.

    After doing that... it finally did start working for me...

    --Will

[...]

    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Pablo E. Medina at Sep 13, 2001 at 4:20 pm
    Bram

    Try the following

    Login as root
    execute su - mail

    Then try $ /home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner nip-system

    You will see everything is ok.. So the gid for mail is 12 and that is the
    gid expected.
    At least with this you will be sure it?s not an instalation issue
    I have the same problem and i am working in it since a week ago.

    Also try the following : Take the source code of any message sended to your
    list (those who never arrived) , and put it in a text file, let?s say
    message.

    Then execute : $ /home/mailman/mail/wrapper post your-list < message.

    Please tell me what happens. When i make this, the message is spreaded ok.
    But when i send a message throw normal operation (a mail client) the mail
    never arrives.

    Pablo

[...]

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython