Hi folks. I'm stumped. I'm getting the following messages on my console
after bringing up a new OpenBSD 2.9 machine with Postfix to replace a virtual
host setup that used Sendmail (I'm pleased so far with the ease of Postfix
configuration, by the way). I had initially configured the machine as
virtual.spaceandrobotics.org, but I reconfigured it as mail.spaceandrobotics
.org with a 'www' cname. The name "virtual" does not exist on my DNS at all.

Basically no mail at all is going out, and I'm getting this:

Jul 26 08:50:23 mail postfix/smtpd[15521]: warning: 208.248.173.65: hostname virtual.spaceandrobotics.org verification failed: Host not found
Jul 26 08:50:23 mail postfix/smtp[19369]: warning: host mail.spaceandrobotics.org[208.248.173.65] greeted me with my own hostname mail.spaceandrobotics.org
Jul 26 08:50:23 mail postfix/smtp[19369]: warning: host mail.spaceandrobotics.org[208.248.173.65] replied to HELO/EHLO with my own hostname mail.spaceandrobotics.org

The first message totally stumps me because I've grepped through several
directories for the word "virtual" with no sign of where that hostname is
coming from. Typing "uname -a" returns

bash# uname -a
OpenBSD mail 2.9 GENERIC#653 i386

and Postfix does seem to be picking up the correct hostname, as evidenced by
the second message. There's no sign of the "virtual" hostname in either the
/etc/postfix or various mailman directories (unless I've bungled and missed it
somehow). Somehow when mailman connects, though, the old "virtual" hostname
is being generated somewhere.

Sending email to myself via mail -v from the same machine returns

bash# mail -v test at spaceandrobotics.org