(postfix) that does this job?

--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager
netivity bv www.netivity.nl enriko.groen at netivity.nl
038 - 850 1000 van nagellstraat 4 8011 eb zwolle

  • J C Lawrence at Jul 26, 2001 at 6:00 pm

    On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:34:36 +0200 Enriko Groen wrote:

    The system sorts the same domains together and delivers these
    messages in several larger batches (the same messages with several
    recipients).
    Now I am wondering is this optimising done by Mailman or is it the
    MTA (postfix) that does this job?
    A mixture of both. IIRC current versions of Mailman will do domain
    sorting of addresses before handing them off to the MTA (which is
    what Majordomo's bulk_mailer does). Further, an intelligent MTA ala
    Postfix does intelligent queue handling and so will do things like
    parallel deliveries to responsive MX'es, cross-spool fallbacks on
    slow MXes, multiple parallel queue runners working on deliveries,
    etc.

    --
    J C Lawrence )\._.,--....,'``.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 26, '01 at 2:34p
activeJul 26, '01 at 6:00p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

J C Lawrence: 1 post Enriko Groen: 1 post