approval requirement."
or simpler, if enter this something like

foo.com
foo at foo1.com

will both email from email address foo at foo1.com and domain foo.com be
affected?

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Karl Carlile at Jul 12, 2001 at 12:35 pm
    I succeeded in installing the mailman system on my pc and i created a mailing
    list called test which sent me the following. I omitted my passwrd from it.

    Now the problem is that I cannot subscribe to the list because these
    addresses dont work. When I access them I get a blank page. I have made some
    changes so that not I dont even get that. At the moment im not concerned
    about the pages. I just want to get the email addresses right. If my pc is to
    be a server do i not make my own email addresses.
    Please help

    Karl

    http://localhost.localdomain/mailman/admin/test

    The web page for users of your mailing list is:

    You can even customize these web pages from the list configuration
    page. However, you do need to know HTML to be able to do this.

    There is also an email-based interface for users (not administrators)
    of your list; you can get info about using it by sending a message
    with just the word `help' as subject or in the body, to:

    test-request at localhost.localdomain

    To unsubscribe a user: from the mailing list 'listinfo' web page,
    click on or enter the user's email address as if you were that user.
    Where that user would put in their password to unsubscribe, put in
    your admin password. You can also use your password to change
  • Karl Carlile at Jul 13, 2001 at 8:36 am
    I am still waiting for someone to help with the following problem. I want to
    know how I can have addresses that work rather than the dummy addresses below.

    This list according to the blurb on the relevant web site is designed, among
    other things, to assist subscribers with installment problems. There are some
    subscribers on the list who sneer at people who are what are called newbies.
    This, in my view, goes against the entire spirit of the Gnew project. Surely
    if the aim is to make Linux increasingly popular then sneering at newbies etc
    is not good policy. Yet these same sneers have not been able to respond to my
    problem. If they know so much then they should be able to assist. I know that
    people such as Amanda and the manager of the list have been quite helpful. I
    appreciate their efforts.
    So if someone would please assist me I would appreciate their efforts.

    Warm regards
    Karl

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org
  • Phil Stracchino at Jul 13, 2001 at 8:13 am