.../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org

Search Discussions

  • Barry A. Warsaw at Jun 10, 2001 at 5:07 pm
    "EW" == Ed Wilts <ewilts at ewilts.org> writes:
    EW> I'm trying to clean up after mailman after a message was lost.
    EW> I tried to reject this posting, but after this failed, it now
    EW> seems to be stuck in a queue somewhere and is sending daily
    EW> reminders asking me to approve/reject this posting. I know
    EW> the message is lost, but how can I get mailman to give up on
    EW> it permanently? This is mailman 2.0.1 as supplied by Redhat
    EW> on RH Linux 7.1.

    Just visit the admindb page. You should see a message something like

    "Message with id #xxx was lost."

    and this held message will just get discarded. However, if the
    message isn't truly lost, there will be a file in $prefix/data with
    a name like

    heldmsg-<listname>-<id>.txt

    which contains the message being held. If this file is there, then
    Mailman should present it to you on the admindb page, and from there
    you can reject, discard, etc. just as normal. If you were to rm this
    file, then you'd zap the database record by doing what's described
    above.

    Cheers,
    -Barry

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 10, '01 at 2:39p
activeJun 10, '01 at 5:07p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Ed Wilts: 1 post Barry A. Warsaw: 1 post