One of the moderator list owners changed the Base URL for Mailman web
interface option to a invalid url address and Host name through the web
interface which of course now will not allow the other option to not be
found on the server and cannot be changed. How do I through the command
line interface change the Base URL for Mailman for this mailing list and
host name back to what it should be. All the other mailing list are
fine. Do have have to use the config_list command. If so what do I do.

I would appreciate greatly a quick response.
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.
Phone 282-3874
    KW> Mailman web interface option to a invalid url address and Host
    KW> name through the web interface which of course now will not
    KW> allow the other option to not be found on the server and
    KW> cannot be changed. How do I through the command line interface
    KW> change the Base URL for Mailman for this mailing list and host
    KW> name back to what it should be. All the other mailing list are
    KW> fine. Do have have to use the config_list command. If so what
    KW> do I do.

    You need to use bin/withlist:

    % python -i bin/withlist -l mylist
    m.web_page_url
    'http://www.mydomain.com/mailman-bogus/'
    m.web_page_url = 'http://www.mydomain.com/mailman/'
    m.Save()
    ^D
    Unlocking (but not saving) list: mylist
    Finalizing

    Note that in MM2.1 you won't be able to change web_page_url through
    the web -- it's just too dangerous.

    -Barry

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 6, '01 at 4:17p
activeApr 8, '01 at 4:02p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Kory Wheatley: 1 post Barry A. Warsaw: 1 post