Earlier this week two messages were sent to seperate lists on the Mailman
server I maintain. Each contained the smtp EOM (End Of Message) marker, a
lone period on a line, within the message.

It appears that when the message was sent out (using sendmail 8.11.1),
sendmail cut the message short at the EOM marker. That is unfortunate,
but not the problem. The problem is that there was enough text after the
EOM that Mailman never dequeued the message. As a result, a truncated
copy of the messages was sent out every minute until I was able to remove
them from the mailman/qfiles directory.

I am able to reproduce the problem on demand. However, messages with
little text after the EOM, the message was dequeued properly.

Can anyone shed some light as to how to eliminate this problem? I don't
care if the message is sent out truncated. It is the multiple messages
that is the problem.

-- James

o _____ |James Madill | |Duke Univ Med Ctr|
.][__n_n_| D[ ====|____ |james.madill at duke.edu| | (919) 286-6384 |
_/oo O-O-O ` oo oo 'o^o^o o^o^o` 'o^o o^o`
<http://www.duke.edu/~madil001/>