Subject: [Mailman-Users] Re: Cron jobs
On 3/1/01 12:11 PM, "Robert Brandtjen" wrote:

Ok, let me clarify a little more (after looking through the crontab), is it
necessary for qrunner to try resending every minute or can this be changed
to once every 30 minutes?

Also, what is gated_news ? I found nothing in FAQ on that, it says it can be
commented out, but what is it's purpose?

Rob

That's the usernenet-e-mail mailinglist gatewaying. Commenting it out in crontab will
shurtt down news gatewaying., if you set it up.

Search Discussions

  • Dave Melton at Mar 3, 2001 at 6:40 am
    I've just set up sendmail to handle virtual domains, all of which
    appears to be working well. My next project is to get some of my
    lists moved to different domains on the same server. From recent
    discussion here, it sounds like the cleanest setup would be to use
    a completely separate mailman installation for each domain.

    If I set the install options (--prefix, --with-username, and
    --with-groupname) properly for each installation, it looks like
    this should be pretty simple to set up.

    The only "gotcha" I've found is what to do with list archives.
    The INSTALL document (BTW, one of the best I've seen for any
    Linux application!) says to set a web server alias like so:

    Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"

    If I look in that directory, there are subdirectories named for
    each of my current lists. One of the things I'd like to do is
    change my lists to more generic names like "announce" and "chat",
    which would mean lists with the same name under different domains.

    Is it possible to set up multiple instances of pipermail as well?
    I can't find anything about this in the docs or online.

    Also, are there any other obstacles I'm likely to encounter
    with a multiple-mailman setup?

    Thanks,
    Dave Melton
  • Bryan Harris at Mar 7, 2001 at 6:50 pm
    subcribe mailman Brittany Harris
  • Gregory K. Laughlin at Mar 15, 2001 at 4:20 pm
    Is there a way to remove the various URLs from the header of
    messages forwarded by lists?

    For example:

    I am having to approve posts forwarded from one list I maintain to
    another list I maintain and I suspect that it is because I configured
    the recipient lists to send what appear as administrative requests
    to the list owner and because of these headers Mailman believes
    that the messages from the umbrella lists are administrative requests.

    I checked the

    Regular-member (non-digest) Options Section,

    but the "Header added"
    is blank for the list, so it appears that the example headers listed above
    are some kind of default, non-modifiable section of headers for list mail.

    While I understand the utility of these headers, it would seem that
    the list administrator should have the ability to remove them. If not,
    then it should be considered in future updates.

    Otherwise, I will have no choice but to let seemingly administrative requests
    pass to the list to avoid having the approve messages sent to lists that
    have other lists subscribed. Seems like a questionable solution.
    (Or I can use other list software of sendmail aliases for lists that are
    strictly lists of lists, but I would prefer using Mailman for all my lists,
    including umbrella lists.)

    Please reply directly to me as I do not subscribe to mailman-users at python.org

    Thanks In Advance

    Gregory K. Laughlin
    Associate Dean for Information Resources and Law Library Director
    The University of Memphis Law Library
    3715 Central Avenue
    Memphis, TN 38152
    voice: 901-678-3244
    fax: 901-678-5293
    e-mail: glaughln at memphis.edu
  • Dan Mick at Mar 15, 2001 at 8:17 pm

    "Gregory K. Laughlin" wrote:
    Is there a way to remove the various URLs from the header of
    messages forwarded by lists?

    For example:

    No. These are standard headers, as standard as To:, From:, or Received:.
    They belong in the mail.
    Otherwise, I will have no choice but to let seemingly administrative requests
    pass to the list to avoid having the approve messages sent to lists that
    have other lists subscribed. Seems like a questionable solution.
    (Or I can use other list software of sendmail aliases for lists that are
    strictly lists of lists, but I would prefer using Mailman for all my lists,
    including umbrella lists.)
    I don't know what the solution to this problem should be, but removing
    those headers shouldn't be it.
  • MARTIN U OGUIKE at Mar 15, 2001 at 10:24 pm
    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
  • Ngoa at Mar 19, 2001 at 10:22 am
    We are student in Chambery's University (France).We are building a colaborative tool with Zope.
    We sometime have some technical questions .
    Where can we get answers ?

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

    http://www.zope.org/Resources/

    http://www.zope.org/Documentation