Hi everyone. We are running 2.01 (upgraded from 1.0) under DEC True64
4.0F. Most of the lists are working just fine, but there has been some
weirdness with a recently created batch. When we access /mailman/admin to
work on the lists we are able to get into some, but others the request
times out before we get the login screen. Among the five lists in question
this error seems to be at random, but we seem to have access for a half
day, then the ones that work and don't work seem to shift. Anyway, there
is nothing in the server logs that helps us out, so I was wondering if
anyone has ever seen anything like this.

I am wondering if it is possible that apache needs to have more child
processes available, or if there is another setting that needs to be
tweaked. To see it in action, try:
mail.aurora.edu/mailman/admin
then try accessing the sek315-* lists, my guess is that you will reach the
authentication screen for some, but not all.

Thanks in advance, sorry that I have to rush off this note before a
meeting, it is not elegant.

--chris

Search Discussions

  • Satya at Jan 25, 2001 at 7:31 pm

    Hi everyone. We are running 2.01 (upgraded from 1.0) under DEC True64
    Okay, is it 2.01 or 2.0.1?

    (Sorry to pick on Mr. Kolar, but this has been bugging me for a while
    now. Nothing personal, his post is just an insertion point.)

    --
    Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
    US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>

    Hi everyone. We are running 2.01 (upgraded from 1.0) under DEC True64
    Okay, is it 2.01 or 2.0.1?

    (Sorry to pick on Mr. Kolar, but this has been bugging me for a while
    now. Nothing personal, his post is just an insertion point.)
    2.0.1 -- I am just too lazy when I type.

    --chris

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 25, '01 at 4:08p
activeJan 25, '01 at 8:00p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Christopher Kolar: 2 posts Satya: 1 post