I'm working on a fresh install with Mailman 2.0.1, Python 2.0 and
Apache 1.3.14 on a Solaris 2.6 box.

I can't reach the administrative web page for my lists. Each time I
enter the passwd (in myhost/mailman/admin/mylist) I receive a
"Authentication failed" message followed by the password form.

I tried to compare with a 'magic ports' installation on a FreeBSD 4.2
box, This one works fine, Then I discoverd that the Solaris box
doesn't send the cookie named 'mylist:admin'.

Whatever password I use (list or site), access is blocked.

In the mailing list archive, I found a message talking about an update
of Python from 1.5.5 to 2.0 that avoid proper authentication.
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2001-January/008812.html)
So I tried Python 1.6 and 1.5.2 without any success.

Any ideas ?

STh

Search Discussions

  • Stephane Thillay at Jan 16, 2001 at 4:00 pm
    le 12/1/2001, 12:57:59, Stephane Thillay ?crivait :

    I can't reach the administrative web page for my lists. Each time I
    enter the passwd (in myhost/mailman/admin/mylist) I receive a
    "Authentication failed" message followed by the password form. >
    box, This one works fine, Then I discoverd that the Solaris box
    doesn't send the cookie named 'mylist:admin'.

    Here was the problem : there are two 'python' on the test machine I
    use. The one for the system, and mine for a self dependant package I
    want to build.

    The local python is used when I create new mailing list or when I
    update the site password. And my python is used by the cgi's. Of
    course, the two version use different crypt library...

    I changed the PATH (for command line operations) and everything works
    fine.

    STh

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython