I just noticed in perusing my mail log these facts:

Over 1000 messages were sent from "test-admin at nleaudio.com"... Which is
quite something, given that there are only two subscribers to this first
"test" list. Obviously many of the subscribers from other lists got an
email from this address.
Sure, this might well be the well-known, much-discussed, and not-much-
we-can-do-about-it-right-now password reminder.
Over 1000 messages were sent from "mailman-owner"@ my machine's FQDN, which
also is rather bogus. Why?
I am running Mailman 2.0rc1, running about 15 lists under different virtual
domains. Has any of this been fixed in Mailman 2.0.1?
I don't see any problem description. There's also no time period
mentioned.
Is 2.0.1 available yet?
I saw the announcement on this list, and from sourceforge.

Search Discussions

  • Bob Puff @ NLE at Jan 6, 2001 at 4:46 am
    Hi Dan & All,
    I don't see any problem description. There's also no time period
    mentioned.
    What is wrong with the picture of a mailing list that is not in use (with
    only two members - me and me) sending out 1000+ emails for password
    reminders the first of the month??? I'd say that's a problem description.
    I also saw one of the emails sent out was on one of the other lists - not
    the "test" list. That's a second (but probably really the same bug)
    problem.

    Bob
  • John W Baxter at Jan 6, 2001 at 5:51 pm