Just installed Mailman and when I try to access the admin page for my test
list I get the following message in my browser.

"Bug in Mailman version 2.0

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs. "

Here is what the error log says:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 222, in ?
main()
File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 203, in main
process_lists(lock)
File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 140, in process_lists
mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 79, in __init__
self.Load()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 891, in Load
dict, e = self.__load(dbfile)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 868, in __load
fp = open(dbfile)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/lists/test/config.db'

Do I have something set up wrong or is this truly a bug?

Search Discussions

  • Dan Mick at Dec 7, 2000 at 1:06 am

    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 868, in __load
    fp = open(dbfile)
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/lists/test/config.db'

    Do I have something set up wrong or is this truly a bug?
    Doesn't it strike you as a little difficult to tell when you don't
    tell us what permissions /home/mailman/lists/test/config.db has?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 6, '00 at 9:03p
activeDec 7, '00 at 1:06a