I have some problems(?!) installing Mailman on a masqueraded environnement.
Well in fact it works but I don't know if I've done the right things...

I installed Mailman on a machine say "mac.domain". So the list is hosted
at "mac.domain" but addressable at "domain"

Outgoing mails are masqueraded to "domain" so I asked the "domain"
administrator to put some list aliases in its aliases database
(ie: list-admin at domain is mapped to list-admin at mac.domain, etc.).

I modified the "Host name this list prefers" in the "General Options" menu
to "domain" (in place of "mac.domain").

It seems to work, but I'm not sure it's the right solution. Am I doing
something wrong or not ? Something missing ?

Sincerely yours,
--
Yunes Jean-Baptiste, LIAFA, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot. France
http://www.liafa.jussieu.fr/~yunes/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 21, '00 at 6:49p