"Send questions or comments to mailman-owner at foo"

Akop

Search Discussions

  • Thomas T. Veldhouse at Sep 19, 2000 at 8:11 pm
    You need to edit the particular list configuration as well. General Options
    I believe.

    Tom Veldhouse
    veldy at veldy.net

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Akop Pogosian <akopps at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
    To: <mailman-users at python.org>
    Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 3:02 PM
    Subject: [Mailman-Users] mailman bug?

    Mailman/Defaults.py lists some variables that control the behavior of
    mailman. The users are expected to leave this file alone and edit
    mm_cfg.py in the same directory. One thing that I have noticed is that
    in some cases DEFAULT_HOST_NAME set in mm_cfg.py does not override the
    value of the same variable in Defaults.py. For example
    DEFAULT_HOST_NAME= 'foo'
    in Defaults.py while I want it to be "baz". So, I added
    DEFAULT_HOST_NAME= 'baz'
    in mm_cfg.py. However http://listserver/mailman/listinfo still says

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org
  • Akop Pogosian at Sep 19, 2000 at 9:27 pm
    This doesn't have to do with a particular list option.
    DEFAULT_HOST_NAME is a systemwide default for mailman.

    This option is configured through Default.py and mm_cfg.py files in
    ~mailman/Mailman directory. Like I have mentioned, mailman does not
    always honor DEFAULT_HOST_NAME set in mm_cfg.py although it should.

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org
  • Ted Cabeen at Sep 19, 2000 at 9:34 pm
    In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.10009191423300.23143-100000 at soda.csua.Berkeley.edu>,