Howdy,

I was trying to edit a couple of the error messages that Mailman send
out - especially the "invalid email" when you sign up on the web
page. I can find the strings in the source and change them, but they
seem to be cached somewhere.

Is this something easy to do, or do I have to be a Python expert?

- H

Harold Paulson Sierra Web Design
haroldp at sierraweb.com http://www.sierraweb.com
VOICE: 775.833.9500 FAX: 810.314.1517

Search Discussions

  • Dan Mick at Aug 18, 2000 at 7:03 pm

    Harold Paulson wrote:
    Howdy,

    I was trying to edit a couple of the error messages that Mailman send
    out - especially the "invalid email" when you sign up on the web
    page. I can find the strings in the source and change them, but they
    seem to be cached somewhere.
    For each .py file there's a .pyc file (the "compiled" version).
    Once you make a change to the .py file, just delete the corresponding
    .pyc file; it will be recreated automagically the next time that code
    runs.
  • Luis F. Lacayo at Aug 18, 2000 at 7:16 pm
    Can some help with these problem?

    I just installed mailman (again) and I am getting these error messages. Any
    Ideas?

    sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
    554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner isupport"... Service unavailable
  • Chuck Dale at Aug 20, 2000 at 5:25 am
    Check FAQ entries on smrsh. (or maybe in INSTALL)

    Chuck

    Mailman-Users maillist - Mailman-Users at python.org