Greetings all

Just started a couple of lists and I'd like to clear some of the test garbage
out of the web archives. Is there a simple way of doing this that keeps all the
indexes intact? This info will also be useful for getting rid of spam from the
archives as well.

Second question is about housekeeping - the mbox files. How long do they last,
how big do they get and if periodically deleted are they renamed during the
overlap period of the last couple of mails going in and starting a fresh file
(I may have a use for the raw Unix format files for someone to download - I
wouldn't be able to use them if there is a chance of loosing a chunk if the
file is rebuilt between downloads)

Cheers

--

Robin.

Internet: g8ecj at abmdata.demon.co.uk http://www.gb7ipd.freeserve.co.uk/
Anorak mode: (+44) 1628 533311 Fax: (+44) 1628 850165
Club pages (g4xyw modem etc) at http://www.tvipug.freeserve.co.uk

Search Discussions

  • Jim Tittsler at Aug 13, 2000 at 10:35 pm

    Just started a couple of lists and I'd like to clear some of
    the test garbage out of the web archives. Is there a simple
    way of doing this that keeps all the indexes intact? This info
    No, but you can edit the list.mbox file and then run bin/arch
    to rebuild the archives and indexes.
    Second question is about housekeeping - the mbox files. How
    long do they last, how big do they get and if periodically
    They normally last forever. New messages are appended as they
    arrive (if you have archiving enabled).

    73

    --
    Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
    Python Starship http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 13, '00 at 9:28p
activeAug 13, '00 at 10:35p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Robin Gilks: 1 post Jim Tittsler: 1 post