I just tried to add a 6668 member list to mailman using:

./add_members -n MCCComEd MCCComEd

and this is what I got:

Exception exceptions.AttributeError:
<exceptions.AttributeError instance at 80b4728> in <method
MailList.__del__ of MailList instance at 80b2818> ignored

None of the addresses were added to the list.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,
Pete

Search Discussions

  • Dan Mick at Jul 26, 2000 at 12:13 am
    Is that really all you got? I've never seen a Python traceback
    like that, ever.
    I just tried to add a 6668 member list to mailman using:

    ./add_members -n MCCComEd MCCComEd

    and this is what I got:

    Exception exceptions.AttributeError:
    <exceptions.AttributeError instance at 80b4728> in <method
    MailList.__del__ of MailList instance at 80b2818> ignored
  • Pete Holsberg at Jul 26, 2000 at 12:21 am

    Is that really all you got? I've never seen a Python traceback
    like that, ever.
    I just tried to add a 6668 member list to mailman using:

    ./add_members -n MCCComEd MCCComEd

    and this is what I got:

    Exception exceptions.AttributeError:
    <exceptions.AttributeError instance at 80b4728> in <method
    MailList.__del__ of MailList instance at 80b2818> ignored
    Wierd! It thinks the list name is mcccomed, not MCCComEd!!!

    ./add_members -n MCCComEd mcccomed ppears to be working.

    Thanks,
    Pete
  • Dan Mick at Jul 26, 2000 at 2:27 am

    Wierd! It thinks the list name is mcccomed, not MCCComEd!!!

    ./add_members -n MCCComEd mcccomed ppears to be working.
    Leaving aside the issue of an incomplete error message, then, yes,
    newlist lowercased the name when you made it, and it told you what
    the name of the list was. The doc-string of newlist (in the file,
    comment at the top) says this, too.

    I don't know that there's any great reason for this, so you could
    certainly file it as a bug/rfe.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 25, '00 at 9:05p
activeJul 26, '00 at 2:27a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Dan Mick: 2 posts Pete Holsberg: 2 posts