I have tried with both v1.1 and 2.0b4, and on my Linux 6.1 box, I
can't get Mailman to issue admin cookies, which makes administrating
my server difficult. :-)

This is with Redhat 6.1, Apache 1.3.12 (default configuration),
Sendmail 8.9.3, Python 1.5.2

The strange thing is that I'm running virtually the exact same
configuration on a Redhat 6.2 box at another location, and Mailman is
very happy.

I see no tell-tale error messages anywhere, and I'm completely stumped.

Thanks!
--
Steve Maller
http://www.maller.com

The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has
merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
--Albert Einstein

Search Discussions

  • Irma Sheen at Aug 15, 2000 at 3:09 pm
    Hello, I received the following message from my machine
    Could somebody give me some insight as to what is happening, and how I
    may
    go about fixing it?

    Your "cron" job on listas3
    /usr/local/bin/python /usr2/mailman/cron/senddigests

    produced the following output:

    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "/usr2/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 41, in ?
    main()
    File "/usr2/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 38, in main
    list.SendDigestIfAny()
    File "/usr2/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 199, in SendDigestIfAny
    self.SendDigestOnSize(0)
    File "/usr2/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 211, in
    SendDigestOnSize
    self.SendDigest()
    File "/usr2/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 299, in SendDigest
    self.DeliverToList(d.Present(mime=0),
    File "/usr2/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 385, in Present
    lines.append(self.SatisfyRefs(self.list.digest_header))
    File "/usr2/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 350, in SatisfyRefs
    return text % substs
    ValueError: unsupported format character 'F' (0x46)

    Thanks!

    Irma Sheen

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython