What could I have set wrong when mailman cannot send any messages.

I followed all the directions in INSTALL, README-LINUX, and
README-SENDMAIL.

The web pages work fine.

But it doesn't send any of the confirmation messages.

The confirmation message for the creation of the test list and the
subscription confirmation just sit in the qfiles directory.

In the logs directory the smtp file has an error of
Jun 08 08:46:57 2000 (7577) All recipints refused : host not found

There is one of these for each time qrunner has been run by cron.

This is on a Redhat 6.2 system with all updates applied.

Search Discussions

  • Nick at Jun 9, 2000 at 3:48 pm
    Hello all,
    Is there a way, or has anyone made a script that will take already
    configured majordomo config files and apply them to a mailman list.
    I am not keen on this idea, but my boss would be more persuaded to go
    with mailman, if users basically did not do anything to the lists they
    managed. but got their old config files from majordomo.
    also if I was going to write some script.. where does mailman store each
    lists configuration.. does it put it in config.db, how would I be able
    to access that?

    thanks for your time, I hope someone has a solution to this
    Nick
  • Leonardo Rochael Almeida at Jun 9, 2000 at 4:55 pm
    Someone might be able to answer about the majordomo migration better than
    I, but as for editing config.db, take a look at ~mailman/bin/withlist. If
    you know your way around python a little you will find that tool
    invaluable for scripted manipulation of lists parameters (such as the
    configuration conversion you want).
    Is there a way, or has anyone made a script that will take already
    configured majordomo config files and apply them to a mailman list.
    I am not keen on this idea, but my boss would be more persuaded to go
    with mailman, if users basically did not do anything to the lists they
    managed. but got their old config files from majordomo.
    also if I was going to write some script.. where does mailman store each
    lists configuration.. does it put it in config.db, how would I be able
    to access that?

    thanks for your time, I hope someone has a solution to this
    Nick

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 8, '00 at 4:37p