Hello,

I am trying to setup mailman. I followed all the directions but it
doesn't seem to be working.

The webpages work fine. But when you subscribe it never sends out the
confirmation e-mail.

This on os a redhat 6.2 system with all updates.

Robin Cook

Search Discussions

  • Robin Cook at Jun 8, 2000 at 3:48 pm
    It is also not sending the confirmation of the creation of the test list.

    I can't find any entries for mailman in the /var/log/maillog file.

    in /home/mailman/logs/smtp there is an error stating
    Jun 08 08:46:57 2000 (7577) All recipints refused : host not found

    There is also a db and a msg file is the qfiles
    Can you send the appropriate section of /var/log/maillog?

    If the system is hainvg a problem with delivery, or executing the
    wrapper,
    you should find the error message there.
    Did you create a link from /etc/smrsh to /home/mailman/mail/wrapper?

    If not, do this:

    cd /etc/smrsh
    ln -s /home/mailman/mail/wrapper wrapper

    And then try again.
    I am trying to setup mailman. I followed all the directions but it
    doesn't seem to be working.

    The webpages work fine. But when you subscribe it never sends out
    the
    confirmation e-mail.

    This on os a redhat 6.2 system with all updates.

    Robin Cook
  • Satya at Jun 9, 2000 at 4:27 am

    It is also not sending the confirmation of the creation of the test list.

    I can't find any entries for mailman in the /var/log/maillog file.

    in /home/mailman/logs/smtp there is an error stating
    Jun 08 08:46:57 2000 (7577) All recipints refused : host not found
    Check Mailman/mm_cfg.py for the default hostname to use.

    --
    Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
    US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>

groupmailman-users @