for whatever strange reason..) and manually just add the messages that
are not in the pipermail archive to the pipermail archive?

Search Discussions

  • Todd Pfaff at Apr 19, 2000 at 3:50 pm
    try using the ~mailman/bin/arch program.
    On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Doug Hughes wrote:

    I've asked this question once or twice before, but no response yet.
    How do I manually convert a standard, previously existing, concatenated
    MBOX format archive into a mailman archive?
    --
    Todd Pfaff \ Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
    Computing and Information Services \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
    ABB 132 \ FAX: (905) 528-3773
    McMaster University \
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4M1 \
  • Gerhard Gonter at Apr 19, 2000 at 3:52 pm

    According to Doug Hughes:
    I've asked this question once or twice before, but no response yet.
    How do I manually convert a standard, previously existing, concatenated
    MBOX format archive into a mailman archive?
    The "arch" command in Mailman's bin directory does this trick, at least
    that is/was the case in earlier version:

    mailman> ~/bin/arch
    usage: arch <listname> <mbox>
    Also, no response to my question about mailman 2-beta2

    Posts that must be approved by administrator do not make it into
    the archive.
    1) is this is a known bug?
    Sorry, I can't answer that. Maybe this should be entered into
    Mailman's bug database.
    2) Is there a way to take the <list>.mbox file (which appears to be okay
    for whatever strange reason..) and manually just add the messages that
    are not in the pipermail archive to the pipermail archive?
    ~/bin/arch list list.mbox

    would do that. The arch command does not check for duplicates, so you
    may want to copy a selection of mails into another mailbox and run
    the arch command with that file.

    Hope that helps.

    +gg

    Gerhard.Gonter at wu-wien.ac.at Fax: +43/1/31336/702 g.gonter at ieee.org
    Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria
  • Tom Limoncelli at Aug 18, 2000 at 7:48 pm
    These are the aliases that mailman 1.1 recommends:

    test: "|/opt/mailman-1.1/mail/wrapper post test"
    test-admin: "|/opt/mailman-1.1/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
    test-request: "|/opt/mailman-1.1/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
    owner-test: test-admin
    test-owner: test-admin

    Shouldn't the "owner-" and "-owner" addresses go to the "wrapper
    mailowner" program? Otherwise the system isn't processing all the
    bounces.

    --tal
  • Anthony Frost at Aug 18, 2000 at 8:17 pm
    In message <399D931E.DD04A668 at research.bell-labs.com>
    Tom Limoncelli wrote:
    These are the aliases that mailman 1.1 recommends: >
    test: "|/opt/mailman-1.1/mail/wrapper post test"
    test-admin: "|/opt/mailman-1.1/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
    test-request: "|/opt/mailman-1.1/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
    owner-test: test-admin
    test-owner: test-admin >
    Shouldn't the "owner-" and "-owner" addresses go to the "wrapper
    mailowner" program? Otherwise the system isn't processing all the
    bounces.
    Look at it carefully. "test-owner" is aliased to "test-admin", what is
    "test-admin" aliased to?

    Anthony
  • Tom Limoncelli at Aug 18, 2000 at 8:28 pm
    Oops, I didn't ask the question I meant to ask! (Obviously the owner-
    and -owner addresses get sent to the mailowner list).

    The ACTUAL question that I wanted to ask has been answered
    by looking at the source code. Never mind!

    Sorry for the wasted bandwidth!

    --tal

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython