Having copied a mailman directory (preserving permissions as far as we can
see) from one machine to another, when we try to use
http://<machine>mailman/admin/<list>, we get:
---
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
main()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 65, in main
lst = MailList.MailList(list_name)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
self.Load()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 804, in Load
self.Lock()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1373, in Lock
self.__lock.lock()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
---

I checked (some of) the archives; the other situations I've seen that were
similar involved bogus lockfiles. Right now, my ~mailman/locks directory
is empty, so I don't think that's it.

BTW, check_perms gives no problems.

Suggestions?

-roy

Search Discussions

  • Roy Rapoport at Mar 22, 2000 at 6:45 pm
    Replying to my own post ...

    The problem was that while all the dirs were setgid, not all the dirs were
    group-writable. For some reason, check_perms missed on this fact.
    Chmoding everything so it's group-writable solved the problem.

    New problem, however: For some reason, no list is publicly advertised,
    despite the fact all of them should be and dumping their config suggests
    they are. Suggestions?

    -roy

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython