Seems that when a message is sent from Outlook (HTML Mail format) the
default footer doesn't get attached.... Is there something special that I
need to set?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Christopher P. Lindsey at Feb 24, 2000 at 5:19 pm

    Seems that when a message is sent from Outlook (HTML Mail format) the
    default footer doesn't get attached.... Is there something special that I
    need to set?
    It *does* get attached; the problem is that it's outside of the MIME
    subparts for the message body, so some mail clients can't see it.

    I don't see this changing any time in the future -- it would be a real
    pain to implement (actually, nearly impossible). The problem is figuring
    out which MIME subpart is actually the text part of the message and
    appending the footer to that.

    But how do you determine which subpart is the one to change? If I send
    two text/plain attachments, one as an introduction and the second as a
    text version of a contract, I surely don't want the footer on the contract.

    This is one reason why many lists don't allow or like MIME attachments.

    (I suppose that Mailman could figure out what the boundary is for the
    MIME subparts in a message, then add another whole attachment that
    consisted entirely of the footer. But that's ugly).

    Chris
  • Arthur J. Byrnes at Feb 24, 2000 at 8:57 pm
    I want to change our majordomo lists to Mailman, but there is
    one little issue that is still holding me up.

    When your user looks at the listinfo page, at the bottom is the
    data generated by the <MM-Mailman-Footer>, which includes the
    email address of the list admin.

    We have some lists where the admin needs to be anonymous, and
    this little thing keeps it from happening. (Right now well tell
    folks to send a message to
    owner-whateverlist to contact the owner.)

    I would like to modify the footer to change the info to
    owner-whateverlist, or just remove the info. I don't know much
    Python yet, so I haven't been able to find where this
    <MM-Mailman-Footer> is created.

    (This footer is not the footer included with the mail messages,
    it is the one for the html pages from the server.)

    Could someone help me with how to change this?

    Thank You,

    -
    Arthur J. Byrnes
    Unix System Administrator