Hello all. Just moved my mailman files to my brand new 20Gb Hard Drive. Now
I'm getting permission errors. Is there anywhere where all default
permissions are documented? I can't seem to untangle the mess I've made.
Everything was working fine for months until I moved the files...

Thanks

Error below:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 85, in run_main
logger = StampedLogger('error',
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 48, in
__init__
Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 40, in __init__
self.__get_f()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 63, in __get_f
reraise()
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 55, in __get_f
f = self.__fp = open(self.__filename, 'a+')
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied')

--
Frank Martini Voice: 713/621-1917
Cadence Development FAX: 713/621-1960
5075 Westheimer, Ste. 1266 eMail: fmartini at caddev.com
Houston, Texas 77056 WWW: http://www.CadenceDevelopment.com/

Search Discussions

  • Ricardo Kustner at Feb 25, 2000 at 7:29 am

    Hello all. Just moved my mailman files to my brand new 20Gb Hard Drive. Now
    I'm getting permission errors. Is there anywhere where all default
    permissions are documented? I can't seem to untangle the mess I've made.
    Everything was working fine for months until I moved the files...
    try running ~mailman/bin/check_perms and see what it tells you...

    Ricardo.
  • Frank Martini at Feb 28, 2000 at 3:29 am
    Wow.. that was cool. I _did_ have some file permission errors on hidden
    files (root as owner). Not that's fixed, but I'm still getting the following
    error(s):

    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 85, in run_main
    logger = StampedLogger('error',
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 48, in
    __init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 40, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 63, in __get_f
    reraise()
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 55, in __get_f
    f = self.__fp = open(self.__filename, 'a+')
    IOError: (13, 'Permission denied')

    Any ideas???

    Frank

    5075 Westheimer, Ste. 1266 eMail: fmartini at caddev.com
    Houston, Texas 77056 WWW: http://www.CadenceDevelopment.com/
  • Frank Martini at Feb 28, 2000 at 3:31 am
    Thanks... nope... didn't get anything.... I then used the check_perms
    utility, which found some problems with hidden files.. but still getting an
    error. Everything _looks_ OK.. but nothing is working.

    Frank

    Hello all. Just moved my mailman files to my brand new 20Gb Hard Drive. Now
    I'm getting permission errors. Is there anywhere where all default
    permissions are documented? I can't seem to untangle the mess I've made.
    Everything was working fine for months until I moved the files...
    In your Mailman install dir, do you get any output from the following
    commands?
    find . -type d ! -perm +g+ws -ls
    find . -type d ! -group mailman
    find . ! -user mailman
    (assuming that mailman is your username/group pair)?

    Chris

    5075 Westheimer, Ste. 1266 eMail: fmartini at caddev.com
    Houston, Texas 77056 WWW: http://www.CadenceDevelopment.com/

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 24, '00 at 11:39p
activeFeb 28, '00 at 3:31a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Frank Martini: 3 posts Ricardo Kustner: 1 post