I'm receiving this mail from crontab:

Subject: Cron <mailman at fasat-alfa> /usr/bin/python /home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 143, in ?
main()
File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 114, in main
time.strptime(f, '%Y-%B.txt')
AttributeError: strptime

I try to found it in the bug webpage "Jitter"
(http://www.python.org/mailman-bugs) , but is not reported... What can I do?
(And what isn't working well?)

--
Aldrin.

Search Discussions

  • Paul Tomblin at Jan 14, 2000 at 8:02 pm

    Quoting Aldrin Martoq (agm at cec.uchile.cl):
    I'm receiving this mail from crontab:

    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 143, in ?
    main()
    File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 114, in main
    time.strptime(f, '%Y-%B.txt')
    AttributeError: strptime
    This means you're using the python RPM that came with RedHat, instead of
    downloading and updating to the new one on ftp://updates.redhat.com
    (it's python-1.5.2-7.*)

    It's an exceptionally bad idea to put a Linux box on the net without regularly
    checking for updates there - many are fixes for SIGNIFICANT security holes.

    --
    Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
    "I find your lack of clue...disturbing" - Sysadmin Vader.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 14, '00 at 7:13p
activeJan 14, '00 at 8:02p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Paul Tomblin: 1 post Aldrin Martoq: 1 post