Hi,
I'm currently working on the (Django) views for the Mailman 3.0 UI. I looked
at what mock-ups were made in the wiki, [1], and realized that so far there
are no mock-ups for the user settings page. Therefore, I was wondering if
anybody has any thoughts on what to think of when designing this page and
how you would like it to look like. We could start with using the old user
settings page design from older versions of Mailman and just "freshing it
up" a bit or we could make a complete redesign but it would be nice to get
some peoples' opinions on what you want before starting (although just
writing your thoughts down and emailing them works as well, if you don't
feel like creating mock-ups).

Thanks,
Anna

[1] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Web+UI+Mockups

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Ben Koetter at Jul 5, 2010 at 8:41 pm
    Anna,

    * Anna Granudd <anna.granudd at gmail.com>:
    I'm currently working on the (Django) views for the Mailman 3.0 UI. I looked
    at what mock-ups were made in the wiki, [1], and realized that so far there
    are no mock-ups for the user settings page. Therefore, I was wondering if
    there are non on purpose at the moment. The proposed way to get a design was
    a) adopt a new logo b) develop new color set c) create a new grid d) create a
    new design.
    anybody has any thoughts on what to think of when designing this page and
    how you would like it to look like. We could start with using the old user
    For the moment - this is my personal opinion - we should use logical,
    structured markup. Plain HTML. Design is important, but nothing without
    groundwork based on proper organisation of options and good HTML.
    settings page design from older versions of Mailman and just "freshing it
    up" a bit or we could make a complete redesign but it would be nice to get
    some peoples' opinions on what you want before starting (although just
    writing your thoughts down and emailing them works as well, if you don't
    feel like creating mock-ups).
    I think we need to decide on UI standards (do we need a 'save' button or not
    etc.) and a new organisation of options first and then aim for design.

    p at rick

    --
    state of mind
    Digitale Kommunikation

    http://www.state-of-mind.de

    Franziskanerstra?e 15 Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
    81669 M?nchen Telefax +49 89 3090 4666

    Amtsgericht M?nchen Partnerschaftsregister PR 563

groupmailman-developers @
categoriespython
postedJul 5, '10 at 1:52p
activeJul 5, '10 at 8:41p