New question #164820 on mailman in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mailman/+question/164820

Hello,
the problem that I am facing is when I put a mail list(maillistmember at domain.org) as a member of another mail list (embeddedmaillist at domain.org). maillistmember at domain.org on other hand does have some email addresses as subscribers, let's say user at gmail.com and user at yahoo.com are members of maillistmember at domain.org. If maillistmember at domain.org is the only subscriber of embeddedmaillist at domain.org and I send an email to embeddedmaillist at domain.org nothing happens - there are no emails delivered to the end email addresses - user at gmail.com and user at yahoo.com. If I make user at hotmail.com and maillistmember at domain.org members of embeddedmaillist at domain.org, then send email to embeddedmaillist at domain.org - user at hotmail.com receives the email, but the members of maillistmember at domain.org (user at gmail.com and user at yahoo.com) don't receive it. Is this an intended behaviour, or there must be an error somewhere in my configuration?

Thanks.

Mailman Coders, which is an answer contact for mailman in Ubuntu.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 14, 2011 at 11:05 pm
    Question #164820 on mailman in Ubuntu changed:
    https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mailman/+question/164820

    Mark Sapiro proposed the following answer:
    Note that this answer is for GNU Mailman in general and not specifically
    for Ubuntu, but see the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/boA9> and
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/TIA9>. If these do not answer your question,
    consider that the probable answer is that the post to
    embeddedmaillist at domain is probably from a non-member of
    maillistmember at domain.org and is being discarded by
    maillistmember at domain.org for that reason.

    Mailman Coders, which is an answer contact for mailman in Ubuntu.

groupmailman-coders @
categoriespython
postedJul 14, '11 at 8:15p
activeJul 14, '11 at 11:05p