Feature Requests item #1441723, was opened at 2006-03-02 05:48
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?funcÞtail&atid50103&aid41723&group_id3

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Mailman sends me password reminders in plain text. I
can disable this feature, but other users can manually
make it send a reminder just as if I had forgot the
password, with no other question being asked. If smart
enough to intercept that message, the attacker could:

1) Get my password;
2) get my IP in the mail header.

Possible solutions:

1) Some sites and programs use a "secret question"
which right answer would give the user the chance to
get a password reminder.

2) The password could be prompted in a secure html
page. I find this safer, as compared to plain text mails.

Comment By: Mark Sapiro (msapiro)