A few people will have already noticed some small comments about this, but
we're plotting to restart python northwest. Specifically, we're restarting
this month. Details:
* When: Thursday 24th September, 6pm
* Where: Rain Bar, Manchester:
- 80 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5JG
- map: http://tinyurl.com/mn4qnl
* Who: Who can come? If you're reading this YOU can :-)
More specifically anyone from beginners, the inexperienced through deeply
experienced and all the way back to the plain py-curious.
* What: Suggestion is to start off with a social meet, and chat about
stuff we've found interesting/useful/fun with python recently. Topics
likely to include robots and audio generation, the recent unconference,
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/pynw / #pythonnorthwest / #pynw
How did this happen? I tweeted the idea, a couple of others seconded it,
the David Jones pointed out "it easier to arrange for a specific 2 people
to meet than it was to e-mail a vague cloud of people and get _any_ 2 to
meet anywhere.", so that's where we'll be.
If twitter feedback is anything go by, we're hardly going to be alone, so
please come along - the more the merrier :-) Better yet, please reply to
this mail saying you're coming along!
More generally, assuming this continues, pynw will probably be every third
thursday in the month, maybe alternating between technical meets and social
ones. (topic for discussion perhaps?)
Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested!
See you there!