(I have originally sent this to europython-sponsorship at python.org, but
since I didn't get an answer yet and the time left for making travel
arrangements is short, I'm sending this to the list in the hope of
getting a quick answer.)

To Whom It May Concern,

my name is Christopher Arndt and I have proposed a talk for EuroPython
2007 ("Building a next-generation TurboGears web application") which has
been accepted.

I would very much like to come to the conference and deliver the talk,
but I have not completed the registration yet, since in my present
situation I can't personally afford the expenses connected with
attending (i.e. travel costs, accommodation in Vilnius and the
registration fee). My own single-entrepreneur business is still young
and so I'm on a tight budget.

Before withdrawing my talk proposal, I would like to ask you, the
EuroPython organizing committee, if there is the possibility of (partly)
funding my talk by you, for example by waiving the registration fee.

I have also approached members of the TurboGears community for
sponsorship of my talk, since all-in-all the flight (from Cologne,
Germany to Kaunas/Vilnius), the registration fee (100 EUR) and some
modest accommodation would come to about 500 EUR.

I would be very much obliged if you are able to provide some funding.
Also, for the purpose of organizing my trip it would be very helpful if
you could give me your general decision about my funding application as
soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Christopher Arndt

Search Discussions

  • Laura Creighton at Jun 21, 2007 at 6:56 pm
    I'll deal with this. I thought that europython-sponsorship was
    a list for people getting companies like Google to spnsor
    Europython, not people wanting sponsorship. If there are any
    more people like this on that list which I am not reading,
    can you send them all over to me as well?

    Laura