As of Sphinx 1.1, there is the posibility to generate translatable
strings (.pot files) from a Sphinx project, like it is done in the Open
Data Handbook:

https://github.com/okfn/opendatahandbook#building-the-english-source-for-translation-i18n

which can be later translated, for example, through a crowdsourcing
service like Transifex:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/opendatahandbook/

(also self-hosted if needed, otherwise the platform is free for open
source projects)

Would it be possible to have this for the Python tutorials? For the case
of Spanish language, the Python Argentina community maintains their own
translated versions:

http://docs.python.org.ar/tutorial/

but they handle it through a SVN repo and I guess it's difficult to
catch up with the changes upstream. I have not contacted them before
sending this message, but I would like to know if there would be the
possibility.

Best regards

Juan Luis Cano

groupdoc-sig @