I'm using docutils to transform and extract information from rst/sphinx
documents[0]. I've made good progress, but I'm now looking for a way to
extract inline content from the documents and re-serialize it to rST.
The extraction should work (just recurse through non-Text non-Inline
content and grab Inline and Text stuff) but I don't really see a way to
re-serialize content to rST (such as an rST writer, which should be
useful to apply mechanical transformations to rST documents anyway),
is there none built-in or available through a third-party?

[0] to move from a terrible home-grown translation system to Sphinx's builtin one

Search Discussions

  • Benoît Bryon at May 13, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Hi,

    Le 13/05/2013 14:31, Masklinn a ?crit :

    Doc-SIG maillist - Doc-SIG at python.org

    `rst2rst <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rst2rst/0.2>`_ is a third-party
    project.
    It has a partial implementation of such a reStructuredText writer.
    Since the implementation is not complete, it cannot handle most documents...
    That said, contributions are welcome! As an example, I haven't found a
    smart implementation for elements such as lists. Let me know if you have
    questions about the project.

    Benoit
  • Stefan Merten at May 13, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    Hi Masklinn!

    Today Masklinn wrote:
    I've made good progress, but I'm now looking for a way to
    extract inline content from the documents and re-serialize it to rST.

    What format does the inline content have?

           Gr??e

           Stefan