Hi, all.

on http://docs.python.org/library/bdb.html

canonic(filename)
Auxiliary method for getting a filename in a canonical form, that
is, as a case-normalized
(on case-insensitive filesystems) absolute path, stripped of
surrounding angle brackets.

Is " stripped of surrounding angle brackets." means it removes "<" on
left end and ">" on right end?
In the code:

def canonic(self, filename):
if filename == "<" + filename[1:-1] + ">":
return filename
canonic = self.fncache.get(filename)
if not canonic:
canonic = os.path.abspath(filename)
canonic = os.path.normcase(canonic)
self.fncache[filename] = canonic
return canonic

canonic() doesn't remove "<" and ">".

--
INADA Naoki? <songofacandy at gmail.com>

Search Discussions

  • Éric Araujo at Sep 2, 2010 at 1:13 pm
    Hello

    This list hosts discussions about the documentation toolchain itself,
    not its contents. Please report the bug on bugs.python.org. Thanks.

    Regards
  • INADA Naoki at Sep 8, 2010 at 3:55 am

    This list hosts discussions about the documentation toolchain itself,
    not its contents.
    Really?
    http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/doc-sig/ says:
    For discussion of both the form and content of Python documentation.
    Please report the bug on bugs.python.org. Thanks.
    I can't determine is this a bug or not because I am not good at English.
    I may misunderstand documents.

    --
    INADA Naoki? <songofacandy at gmail.com>

groupdoc-sig @
categoriespython
postedSep 2, '10 at 6:24a
activeSep 8, '10 at 3:55a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

INADA Naoki: 2 posts Éric Araujo: 1 post