I'd like to be able to send people ReST files as mail and have them
automatically displayed in their browser. What mime type should I
call them? And what should I put in /etc/mailcap to make this work?

Somebody has got to have been here before me. :)

Laura

Search Discussions

  • David Goodger at May 22, 2009 at 4:45 am

    I'd like to be able to send people ReST files as mail and have them
    automatically displayed in their browser. ?What mime type should I
    call them?
    PEPs use "text/x-rst" (mentioned in the Docutils FAQ).
    I just use .txt filename extensions and rely on default text/plain behavior.
    ?And what should I put in /etc/mailcap to make this work?
    No idea, sorry.

    --
    David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>

groupdoc-sig @
categoriespython
postedMay 22, '09 at 4:29a
activeMay 22, '09 at 4:45a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Laura Creighton: 1 post David Goodger: 1 post