The reST sources on http://docs.python.org/ are getting indexed in
Google and ":mod:`whatnot`" is showing up in search results. That's
been more distracting than valuable to me in my searches. Maybe add a
robots.txt exclusion for /_sources and the other _sources directories
on docs.python.org?

Disallow: /_sources/
Disallow: /3.0/_sources/

Cheers,
Jason

Search Discussions

  • Aahz at Dec 13, 2008 at 4:12 pm

    Google and ":mod:`whatnot`" is showing up in search results. That's
    been more distracting than valuable to me in my searches. Maybe add a
    robots.txt exclusion for /_sources and the other _sources directories
    on docs.python.org?

    Disallow: /_sources/
    Disallow: /3.0/_sources/
    This is the first time I've heard this complaint, and nobody else has
    spoken up in favor. Overall, I think I'm -0; somebody may well want to
    search the sources.

    --Bill Harlan

groupdoc-sig @
categoriespython