Whenever I have to look for when a feature was introduced, I go looking at the
"What's New in Python 2.x" pages. Since the documentation for Python 2.x only
contains the "What's New in Python 2.x" and none of the earlier parts, this
becomes fairly tedious if I guess the version wrong. I'd really like to see all
of the older "What's New" pages in the current Python version's documentation.
There should be a single ToC page collating the ToCs for all of the "What's New"
versions. I don't think it should replace the current ToC, but I think it should
exist.

I don't have time to work on this immediately, so I thought I would throw it out
there to see if there's any interest.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Search Discussions

  • Martin Blais at Oct 6, 2008 at 9:45 pm
    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:12:50 -0500, "Robert Kern"
[...]

    +1 on Robert's idea.
    I always end up bricolating some summary of the new changes for myself.
    It would be nice if it were just there.
  • Georg Brandl at Oct 8, 2008 at 6:58 pm

    Martin Blais schrieb:
[...]

    I've now changed the templates a bit to make all "What's new" documents
    accessible. This should be live on docs.python.org soon.

    Georg

  • Robert Kern at Oct 11, 2008 at 12:05 am

    Georg Brandl wrote:
    Martin Blais schrieb:
[...]

    That's better, thank you! Can you easily put the ToCs for all of the What's New
    pages onto that page? It would make skimming and searching even easier.

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."
    -- Umberto Eco
  • Georg Brandl at Oct 16, 2008 at 10:20 pm

    Robert Kern schrieb:
    Georg Brandl wrote:
    Martin Blais schrieb:
[...]

    Done! Let me know if it works for you.