Here's what the current 2.6 docs look like on Firefox 3.0 under MacOS:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44165698 at N00/2810698647/sizes/o/

The class names in the text are a good deal smaller than the English
text. Is this just an oddity of my current configuration, or does it
look like this for everyone?

Here's what the docs look like after changing the font size for <tt>
from 0.95 em to 1.25em:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44165698 at N00/2811539974/sizes/o/

I think this makes the class names match the x-height of the prose
much better, though now the boldface makes them look very dark.

--amk

Search Discussions

  • Michael Foord at Aug 30, 2008 at 4:52 pm

    A.M. Kuchling wrote:
    Here's what the current 2.6 docs look like on Firefox 3.0 under MacOS:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44165698 at N00/2810698647/sizes/o/

    The class names in the text are a good deal smaller than the English
    text. Is this just an oddity of my current configuration, or does it
    look like this for everyone?

    Here's what the docs look like after changing the font size for <tt>
    from 0.95 em to 1.25em:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44165698 at N00/2811539974/sizes/o/

    I think this makes the class names match the x-height of the prose
    much better, though now the boldface makes them look very dark.
    I definitely prefer the second - including the 'darkness'.

    Michael
  • Georg Brandl at Aug 30, 2008 at 9:14 pm

    A.M. Kuchling schrieb:
    Here's what the current 2.6 docs look like on Firefox 3.0 under MacOS:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44165698 at N00/2810698647/sizes/o/

    The class names in the text are a good deal smaller than the English
    text. Is this just an oddity of my current configuration, or does it
    look like this for everyone?

    Here's what the docs look like after changing the font size for <tt>
    from 0.95 em to 1.25em:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44165698 at N00/2811539974/sizes/o/

    I think this makes the class names match the x-height of the prose
    much better, though now the boldface makes them look very dark.
    It's an oddity of browser configuration, but sadly present on most
    browsers. Since Sphinx only sets relative font sizes, it is affected
    by this, while most other sites set absolute font sizes.

    This is what "font-size: 1.25em" would look like in my browser:

    http://dev.pocoo.org/~gbrandl/pickle.png

    The "correct" way to fix this is to set the default text and monospace
    font sizes to sensible values in the browser configuration.

    Georg

groupdoc-sig @
categoriespython
postedAug 30, '08 at 4:17p