When a package doesn't specify a download URL, a relative link to "UNKNOWN"
is being generated by the PyPI web interface.

This doesn't seem very useful; in particular it causes easy_install to
retrieve an extra URL that isn't there. (It also seems a bit odd to even
bother displaying "unknown" fields anyway.)

Search Discussions

  • Fred Drake at Aug 30, 2006 at 7:52 pm