Hello PSF,

My name is Ram Rachum, and I'm a Python programmer. I wanted to show you a
little side project that I have just released.

Here is its website: http://pythonturtle.com
Which explains everything you need to know about it.

You probably the know the turtle.py module which is part of the standard
library of Python: I was aware of it when I decided to start this project.
The main difference between PythonTurtle and the turtle module is that
PythonTurtle is a standalone application, easier to use and with illustrated
help screens.

Sincerely,
Ram Rachum
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Michael Foord at Aug 3, 2009 at 4:34 pm

    Here is its website: http://pythonturtle.com <http://pythonturtle.com/>
    Which explains everything you need to know about it.

    You probably the know the turtle.py module which is part of the
    standard library of Python: I was aware of it when I decided to start
    this project. The main difference between PythonTurtle and the turtle
    module is that PythonTurtle is a standalone application, easier to use
    and with illustrated help screens.
    Could you share code with the standard library module? The maintainer of
    the standard library turtle is very active.

    For a version that can run in the browser I recommend Silverlight /
    Moonlight that will let you run Python code in the browser - and
    provides a canvas for the UI.

    All the best,

    Michael
    Sincerely,
    Ram Rachum

    http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog
  • cool-RR at Aug 3, 2009 at 4:44 pm

    My name is Ram Rachum, and I'm a Python programmer. I wanted to show you a
    little side project that I have just released.

    Here is its website: http://pythonturtle.com <http://pythonturtle.com/>
    Which explains everything you need to know about it.

    You probably the know the turtle.py module which is part of the standard
    library of Python: I was aware of it when I decided to start this project.
    The main difference between PythonTurtle and the turtle module is that
    PythonTurtle is a standalone application, easier to use and with illustrated
    help screens.
    Could you share code with the standard library module? The maintainer of
    the standard library turtle is very active.

    I've met Gregor at EuroPython - He seemed to be enthusiastic about
    PythonTurtle. Now that it's released I sent it to him and I'm waiting for
    his feedback. I don't think there will be much sharing of code though, since
    turtle.py is in Tkinter (I think) and PythonTurtle is in wxPython. Also, the
    turtle-moving code is quite simple, the big time-drainer was writing a
    decent shell (Which I am proud to say can now compete with IDLE.)

    For a version that can run in the browser I recommend Silverlight /
    Moonlight that will let you run Python code in the browser - and provides a
    canvas for the UI.

    That will indeed be relevant for future version - Thanks for the tip

    Ram.