I thought I'd sent something about this earlier, but I guess I dropped
the ball -- would anyone be up for putting together a one- or two-sided
single-page flyer touting Python? Does one already exist, maybe?

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it." --Dijkstra

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Rush at Jun 8, 2009 at 8:21 am

    Aahz wrote:
    I thought I'd sent something about this earlier, but I guess I dropped
    the ball -- would anyone be up for putting together a one- or two-sided
    single-page flyer touting Python? Does one already exist, maybe?
    There are is a flyer I made up a couple of years ago for the Australian Open Source Conference (but it has general content) and a
    template for printing Python-advocacy business cards at the following page:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy/UsergroupSupport

    The flyer is A4 though, not letter. The OpenOffice.org format is there for anyone to change.

    -Jeff
  • Aahz at Jun 8, 2009 at 6:25 pm

    I thought I'd sent something about this earlier, but I guess I dropped
    the ball -- would anyone be up for putting together a one- or two-sided
    single-page flyer touting Python? Does one already exist, maybe?
    There are is a flyer I made up a couple of years ago for the
    Australian Open Source Conference (but it has general content) and a
    template for printing Python-advocacy business cards at the following
    page:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy/UsergroupSupport
    Thanks! I've reformatted it for letter size and updated it a bit:

    http://pythoncraft.com/OSCONflyer.odg

    Everyone, let me know if you have any text changes to suggest; if you
    want to bikeshed the formatting, you can send me a revised copy. ;-)

    "If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
    start writing it." --Dijkstra

groupadvocacy @
categoriespython
postedJun 8, '09 at 3:34a